- All students may request unlimited summer access to materials on their law school LexisNexis ID for academic or educational purposes by signing-on at www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool and clicking “Summer Access” banner when it rotates into view at the top of the page.
- Students who do not register for summer access will have their IDs limited to a menu of career sources from June 1-July 31. Full access will be automatically restored on August 1.
- Research points (15/day, 7 days/wk) will continue to accrue during the summer for students who register for summer access.
- Passwords may NOT be used to conduct research for a law firm, corporation, or other entity (other than a professor or law school) that is paying the student to conduct research, or is passing along the cost of research to a third party.
- TWEN content, including the Library TWEN pages, is available to students during the summer. Look for the banner that asks “Need your Westlaw password this summer?”at www.lawschool.westlaw.com
- Access to Westlaw Research System is limited from June 1 – July 31, 2011. All continuing students may use Westlaw for 2 hrs/month during June and July. Regular access will resume on August 1, 2011.
- Eligible students may qualify to extend their Westlaw password for regular access during June and July.
- Summer extensions are granted for:
- ▪Law school classes
- ▪Law review/journal work
- ▪Faculty project; moot court; work at an unpaid, non-profit public interest internship; or externship pro bono work required for graduation
- WestlawRewards points will not accrue for any research done June 1st to July 31st. Any points previously accrued will roll-over when the program resumes in August.
- Passwords may NOT be used for research for law firms, government agencies, corporations or other purposes unrelated to law school coursework.